The human mind can be a dangerous thing. It can run away with our time, energy, and ability to be fully present in the real world. One of it’s favorite limiting tools is worry.
Fear also loves worry as it can be used to keep us busy and stuck so we don’t take chances or move out of our comfort zone.
If you were able to calculate how much of your life energy was actually wasted on imagining a scary future you would probably be shocked enough to take action and stop letting it control your life. But, how?
Next time you find worry crowding your mind, ask yourself these simple questions:
- Will any children, puppies, or kittens die because of this?
- Will it matter a week, month, or year from now?
- What are the facts as of right now?
- How much of this is my mind creating a negative fantasy?
- What have I worried about in the past and how did it turn out?
- How does the worry make me feel?
- What would happen if I let go of this and chose a more empowered, positive perspective?
You will likely realize that marinating in your future horror stories does not serve you and be ready to focus on something more positive. It’s a simple choice that you get to make with each and every thought. And, if you keep choosing the thoughts that make you feel good, they will eventually become your new normal.
If you would like the support of a professional coach in letting go of worry and other negative thought patterns that impact how you feel and operate in the world, I would love to talk to you. You can contact me here.