There is still a lot of confusion about what life coaches do. Even coaches have trouble explaining it. And, everyone seems to be a coach these days. How confusing is that?
In general, a professionally qualified life coach will listen carefully and provide support, perspective, guidance, new skills and tools, motivation, accountability, and champion you along the way to your best life.
Who doesn’t want that?
Most clients work with a life coach because they:
- Have a challenge or issue they want to address
- Feel stuck, afraid to move forward or overwhelmed
- Need clarity
- Want to re-connect with who they really are
- Are facing a change or transition
- Want to shift unhealthy patterns in their lives
- Are looking to create something new in their lives
- Want to start a business or follow their passion/purpose
If you are experiencing any of the above (and who isn’t), you can benefit by working with a life coach. Since the coaching field is not regulated and anyone can call themselves a coach, I encourage you to choose one who is experienced, feels like a good match, and has training, certification, or works with a respected program.
I believe that a good coach will: (and, of course, this is what I do)
- Create a safe space for you to talk things out without holding back
- Provide honest, unbiased feedback and perspective
- Support you in connecting with your inner power and wisdom
- Help you identify your options and clarify your choices
- Help you move through fear, overwhelm, or feeling stuck
- Provide new skills and tools that will support your journey
- Assist you in letting go of stories and beliefs that no longer serve you
- Help you nurture a more positive and empowered mindset
- Remind you to acknowledge yourself and practice self-care
- Assist you in developing a vision for what you want to create
- Guide you along the path that brings that vision into reality
- Celebrate your wins!
It is hard to summarize coaching because it can be so many amazing things. My clients often say that they come to me for help resolving a challenge, but the greatest gift they receive is finding peace, wisdom, and power within themselves along the way.
If you are seriously considering hiring a life coach or business coach and would like to experience what it would be like to work with me, please contact me for a free consultation or call (714) 282-0704. I would love to talk to you.
To read about business coaching at my Simple Smart Business website, go here.
Please feel free to share in the comments section below. I would love to answer any questions you have, hear about your experiences working with a coach or learn more about you and your dreams.