Linda and Traci after two 10 hour days of driving.
I’ve been quiet. Very quiet. And, I have also been very, very busy.
It has been several weeks since I last posted and I keep waiting for the words to come, but my brain seems to be busy synthesizing all I have experienced. I think it needs time to catch up with my life.
So, maybe I will just start writing and see what happens.
In the last month or so, I have:
- Sold my house in California
- Sold or given away more than 1/2 of my possessions
- Packed what was remaining in a moving pod in 111 degree heat
- Welcomed my friend Traci who flew in from Tennessee to drive cross country with me
- Road tripped with Traci from CA to Missouri with my 2 cats in the back seat of the car
- Worried about my stressed out kitten cats the entire way
- Experienced the incredible natural beauty of our country including red rock in Utah, mountain vistas in Colorado, and the big sky of Kansas
- Felt awe at the courage of the pioneers who crossed our country in tiny wagons, often on the same land we were traveling
- Felt tipsy and giggly after 2 sips of a Margarita on night two of our trip – it was Traci’s fault
- Drove up to my new little house in Missouri on the evening of day 3
- Was welcomed with wide open arms by my son, daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren
- Took Traci to the airport and cried as she left
- Started settling into my home
Yep! I’ve been busy. This was a courageous step for me and I couldn’t be happier.
Stay tuned. There is more to come…