It’s hard to believe I have been here in small town Missouri for 7 months. It feels like I was in a fog the first 3 or 4 trying to get settled in. There were things to learn about yard care, what is available in town, updates to the house, and my initiation into the culture of small town football.
Being near my family has been a blessing and they also keep me pretty busy. I love the time I get to spend with them and never take it for granted.
My first real winter is almost over. Continue reading
Linda and Traci after two 10 hour days of driving.
I’ve been quiet. Very quiet. And, I have also been very, very busy.
It has been several weeks since I last posted and I keep waiting for the words to come, but my brain seems to be busy synthesizing all the changes I have experienced. I think it needs time to catch up with my life.
So, maybe I will just start writing and see what happens.
In the last month or so I’ve made a lot of changes, including:
- Sold my house in California
- Sold or given away more than 1/2 of my possessions
- Packed what was remaining in a moving pod in 111 degree heat
- Welcomed my friend Traci who flew in from Tennessee to drive cross country with me
- Road tripped with Traci from CA to Missouri with my 2 cats in the back seat of the car
- Worried about my stressed out kitten cats the entire way
- Experienced the incredible natural beauty of our country including red rock in Utah, mountain vistas in Colorado, and the big sky of Kansas
- Felt awe at the courage of the pioneers who crossed our country in tiny wagons, often on the same land we were traveling
- Felt tipsy and giggly after 2 sips of a Margarita on night two of our trip – it was Traci’s fault
- Drove up to my new little house in Missouri on the evening of day 3
- Was welcomed with wide open arms by my son, daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren
- Took Traci to the airport and cried as she left
- Started settling into my home
Yep! I’ve been busy. This was a courageous step for me and I couldn’t be happier.
Stay tuned. There is more to come…
Letting Go of My Stuff
Living the Small Town Life