We have a lot of potential upsets in our lives, big and small. Some we can move through gracefully and others that keep us stuck. Like walking through glue.
There is a quick and easy solution to getting over them. All you have to do is choose to use it.
It goes like this…
- Stay aware to moments when you get stuck in upset-ness.
- When it happens, decide if it is worth staying in that feeling.
- If not, BAM it!
- Turn your thoughts to something else.
What is BAM?
It’s short for BLESS IT AND MOVE ON. This doesn’t necessarily mean physically leaving a situation. You can BAM a disagreement with your husband and not get a divorce.
It’s a mental process of giving yourself permission to let it go, leave it in God’s hands, and spend your precious life energy on things that matter more.
You can BAM situations, memories, people, habits, thought patterns, and more.
Maybe everything is BAM-able.
- If someone cuts you off on the road – BAM!
- When your mind is spinning with negative thoughts – BAM!
- You can’t seem to resolve a disagreement – BAM!
- When your past seems to control your present – BAM!
You get the idea. BLESS IT AND MOVE ON!
So, I’m curious. What other ways can you use BAM in your life? I bet you have some creative ideas and I would love to hear them. Please share your ideas by commenting below.
If you are interested in hiring a professional coach to help you resolve what is not working in your life, improve your relationship with yourself, or create something new, I would love to support you. Let’s schedule a phone call. Contact Linda