(I first wrote this in January 2015 and came across it today. The words and intentions I shared feel even more powerful now as I am about to turn 63. It’s time to re-commit and share them again.)
There are a lot of goals and resolutions set at this time of year about what we want to do or accomplish. While I am playing with some of the doing stuff, I felt more called to look at how I want to be and show up in this world.
At first I called my ideas declarations and I liked the power of the word, but as I worked with them I started preferring to think of them as intentions. I have included some wording from Don Miguel Ruiz and Brendan Burchard that spoke to me, but the essence of these come from my heart. I believe that by focusing on these intentions I will be living more as my higher self.
My Intention is to:
- Be impeccable with my word
- Engage life with full presence and power
- Bring light to all I do
- Always do my best
- Listen to my body, inner wisdom, and make conscious choices
- Embrace spiritual practice and deepening connections
- Explore fun, adventure, and creativity
- Create daily forward momentum aligned with my dreams, values, and goals.
What declarations or intentions would you like to make for your life? You can share them in the comment section. I would love to hear what they are.