In those crazy moments when we don’t know what to do or even how to begin to make a decision, intuition is the answer.
Fear doesn’t understand positive risk and thinks we are still two years old. It wants to keep us safe but is deeply misguided. We can’t trust our minds because they spin between different answers, telling us yes in one moment and no in the next.
Learning to discern which voice is your intuitive inner knowing is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and you can start right here:
The Voice of Fear:
- Keeps you small or prevents you from moving forward
- Has a sense of urgency, it wants you to decide or take action right away
- Tries to tell you what to do
- Creates overwhelm or confusion to keep you stuck
- Focuses on your perceived limitations or lack of possibilities
- Makes you feel bad about yourself
- Justifies its position by giving evidence
- Creates tightness or contraction in your body, often in your solar plexus or stomach
The Voice of Intuition:
- Guides you toward moving forward
- May feel like falling into the truth or surrender
- Sounds and feels soft, solid, and strong
- Can create a deep sense of just knowing
- Always wants what is best for you
- Never makes you feel bad about yourself
- Is opening, accepting, and discerning
- Usually generates a peaceful feeling once you accept it
- Can often be felt in your body as opening or relaxing
So, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and listen to the quality of the words in your head and the feelings in your body. The answer is within.