I’ve spent some time on Quora answering questions about life for readers and thought it might be fun to share some of the answers here. Maybe you have some of the same questions.
I may start doing this as a regular feature and welcome your questions for future posts. You can email me or contact me through my website to ask what is on your mind. In the meantime, here are some of my answers:
How do I guide myself in life?
- Start by identifying your personal values, the things that mean the most to you in life.
- Dream a little and create a vision of your ideal life 1, 5, or 10 years from now.
- Set goals that are in alignment with your values and move you toward your dream life.
- Break your goals down into baby steps
- Take action toward your goals every day
Here are some related posts:
How can I prioritize my life when everything seems to be a priority?
One of the exercises I use with my clients is to evaluate the value of the things that keep them busy. You can try it with the three steps below.
1. List the things you spend time on. Include meetings, classes, calls, social media, admin. etc.,
2. Rate each item on it’s level of effectiveness for moving you closer to goals. (Use a scale of 1-10, with 1= not at all and 10 = absolutely.)
3. Evaluate the results for things to delegate, let go of, or habits you want to change.
Another way of bringing clarity and focus to how you want to spend your days is to use the Quadrants Method created by Steven Covey. You will want most of your activities to fall into the upper right, Quadrant 2 – Important/Not Urgent. That is where your power lies. You may want to take the items from your list and plug them into the different quadrants to see where they fit.
See the chart and rest of the post here:
Why do we keep things?
We assign meaning to them. Whether it be keeping memories, saving money later if we need something similar, a sense of security by being surrounded by stuff we own, or a contribution to our image or self-worth.
But, they are just things. And, when we realize that we can see which are important to keep and which we can let go of.
I recently sold and gave away half of my stuff and moved cross country. It turned out to be a very freeing experience. Here is a blog post I wrote about it:
What can I do for 10 minutes every day to change my life?
Start your day by reading or listening to something uplifting. Then revisit your personal intentions, goals or dreams. Prioritize the top 3 and write down 3 steps you will take that day to move closer to their completion.
Here’s a blog post I wrote awhile back. You might find something there:
You can comment on these questions and answers or let me know your questions by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear what you have to say.
If you are interested in a deeper level of support by a Professional Coach, Contact Me to set up a consultation. I look forward to talking to you.