Whether you are in a relationship or not, you deserve some special time for loving self-care. When you take the time to nurture yourself, you will be more loving with those around you. It all begins with you. And, if you are like most of us, you have been neglecting yourself way too long.
Take some time this Valentine’s Day month for you. Only you. Do something that feeds your soul, lifts you up, or gives you a sense of peace. Remember that you are the most important person in your life, and you deserve to be nurtured and loved.
How? I asked my some of my clients and friends about their favorite self-nurturing activities and this is what they came up with:
- Buy yourself flowers
- Play with art or crafts
- Have a technology free day
- Soak in a bubble bath surrounded by candlelight
- Get a massage, facial, or mani/pedi
- Spend the day in your most comfortable pajamas
- Journal about the blessings in your life
- Treat yourself to your favorite chocolate
- Read a good book or watch a funny movie (or 2, or 3, or all day long)
- Go for a walk in nature
- Make yourself your favorite comfort food or bring home a great take out meal
- Visit a museum, art gallery, or zoo
- Lay on your back and watch clouds or stargaze
- Hire a photographer to do a professional portrait celebrating you
- Set a formal dinner table for yourself, including candlelight and flowers
- Color in a coloring book
- Enjoy a sunrise or sunset
- Do yoga
- Snuggle with a pet
- Sit quietly and listen to music you love
- Go out into the garden and get your hands dirty
- Float in a pool
- Write a loving letter to yourself
- Spend time sitting on the beach
- Go for coffee and a treat at your favorite café
- Take a class or go to an event that will inspire you
Whatever you choose to do, remember that you are your own Best Valentine and treat yourself accordingly.
Do you have any self-nurturing practices not listed here? I would love to hear about them. You can share by leaving a comment below.