Life gets rough at times. You may be experiencing personal challenges, surrounded by negative people, or inundated with bad news, but you don’t have to feel yucky because of it.
As I write this we are nearing the presidential election and I find that talk of politics and all of the negativity involved is upsetting me. My clients feel the same way. It’s hard to stay positive with so much ugliness going on.
So this may be the perfect time to find some ways to feel good when when life is dragging us down.
- Listen to uplifting music, maybe even have your own personal dance party
- Go for a brisk walk
- Vent your frustrations on paper and then destroy it in some way
- Watch cat, puppy, or baby videos
- Stop watching the news or at least limit your exposure to it
- Watch a funny movie or do anything that makes you laugh
- Spend time in nature
- BAM what upsets you – bless it and move on
- Snuggle or play with your pets or children
- Start writing daily in a journal
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up
- Volunteer or find someone worse off than you and help them
- Take a little extra time with your appearance and wear something you feel great in
- Read something uplifting
- Watch children play
- Avoid unnecessary challenging conversations about politics or other issues
- Follow websites/social media about positive news like Good News Network or Happify
- Do something loving for someone else
- Give and receive hugs
- Smile – it literally puts your brain in a more positive state
- When you catch yourself focusing on negative thoughts -shift channels
- Do something special to nurture yourself, like a bath or massage
- Bring a beautiful bouquet of flowers into your living space
- Write a daily list of blessings, magical moments, or things you are grateful for
What other ideas do you have that can help us all stay positive?
Healing Your History: Let Your Soul Guide You